Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Character Assassination

Hey everyone,

Quick post today with a shot of a model I revisited a month or two back. My bro picked this up when we first got into the hobby, but it's languished in a box in the attic for most of the time since. When I went about my mass reclaim of metal figures a while ago, I cleaned this one up to repaint it.


This was another super quick paint job as the figure is pretty simple, with three main block coloured areas; the suit, the skull and the metalwork. The stealth suit was my usual 'realistic black' method of Charadon Granite, washed with Badab Black and highlighted back up to the base colour. The skull was Dheneb Stone/Ogryn Flesh/Dheneb Stone. Tin Bitz was used to base coat the metal areas, before washing it with Badab Black and Ogryn Flesh. These areas were then drybrushed Boltgun Metal and washed again with Leviathan Purple, which gives the metal a nice aged antique appearance. One last highlight was lightly drybrushed on with Boltgun Metal again. 

The base was the normal treatment and I purposely went for the bushiest 'tuft' in the pack so the Assassin looks like he's jumping out of cover.

Well, 'til next time folks

No comments:

Post a Comment