Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

Bitzbox dispute

Hey all, for today's post, I wanted to update you all on a recent dispute I've had with plastic components supplier, www.bitzbox.co.uk . Having recently recommended them on here and placed two orders on the site myself, I've received an unfavourable response to issues raised with them and subsequent feedback I was invited to leave on company ratings site, www.trustpilot.co.uk .

The background to it is that the second of my recent orders was imcomplete, with the packing slip signed off as fulfilled and nothing from Paypal regarding a partial refund for the missing pieces. I raised this with Bitzbox, (during normal working hours on a Monday!) but having received no recognition (automated or otherwise) of the issue or my contact within 24hrs, I raised it formally through Paypal. Bitzbox have sent incomplete orders in the past with no resolution or response to my subsequent enquiries. As such, I felt it necessary to escalate this, in case my corporate email address had been filtered into their spam folder.

Although I have now received the pieces, the contacts from the seller have been completely unsatisfatory, and as such, would recommend anyone to search for parts vendors elsewhere. I have already located several other via ebay which appear to provide a good service.

For those interested in the published commentary, I've pasted it in below.

Cheers all, more soon.



Review - Good.... but not awesome....
(P) I have used Bitzbox on a number of occasions, but you need to be lucky to get exactly what you're after, as stock levels are hit and miss.

On this particular occasion my order was missing parts and so I emailed the company. As I'd not received any acknowledgement whatsoever within 24hrs (not even an automated response to manage expectations), I raised a dispute on Paypal, believing that the corporate domain attached to my email may have caused it to filter into their junk folder. I received quite an abrupt emailed response almost immediately and I explained the reason for my action as I have had part-orders with no response or resolution before.

I also raised concerns around an apparent fault with the shopping cart on the site, but the response was largely unsympathetic, even though it is ultimately costing them custom. In this instance, my spend reduced by more than half, after having to start the order from scratch when the shopping cart emptied itself.

Having worked in a highly customer-experience-orientated business for nearly a decade, perhaps my expectations of others are too high, but I resent being made to feel as though I am in the wrong when raising a complaint, even though the company is at fault.

I have now received the missing pieces from this order.

Being able to order specific components is extremely useful, but there are alternative sellers offering this function and I will seriously consider them next time around.

=====

(BB) I appreciate your concerns regarding the software but please be aware that I didn't design it, I didn't code it and I sure as hell can't do anything about it nor would I dare try in case the whole thing stopped working. I'm sorry I'm not a highly skilled web developer.

It's also quite ridiculous to open up a paypal dispute after one day. Am I not allowed to take a single day off work in case an impatient customer such as yourself emails with a question that I must answer otherwise they will open up a paypal dispute?

Maybe your expectations are too high. I never made you feel like you were in the wrong either and I also sent you the parts that were missing from your order swiftly.

I would prefer it if you use another website in future. We have many satisfied customers who use our service and I would much rather that the most sought after bits went to them.

=====

(P) Once again, having openly explained the situation and the reason for the action taken, you (the vendor) have responded in a confrontational manner. Surely the point of using this feedback tool, is to help evolve the business and attract new customers? Maybe you should remove your site from trustpilot and cherry pick customer testimonials on your own web page instead?

No, you do not need to be a web designer; perhaps contact the person who built the site for you? Does it not concern you that you may be losing out on business? I didn't have to say anything, just thought I'd point it out; it's no odds to me if you lose profit or not.

Also, I have explained the reason for raising the complaint via Paypal, because of concerns over my corporate email domain and the fact that you have carelessly sent me incomplete orders in the past and never bothered to resolve those issues. Perhaps setting up an auto-attendent to manage customer expectations would be something you should investigate?

Do not tell me how I feel. I have perceived your responses as abrupt, surly and sarcastic and maybe you should address that. I note from reading some of the other reviews about your service that I am not the only one who has experienced these issues recently either.

Having recently referred the increasing number of readers of my blog page to your site, I will be posting an update to recommend they also seek an alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment